Homestyle Dining Building Momentum; Opens Four Restaurants in Six Months and Another to Open Before Year’s End
Dallas, TX (RestaurantNews.com) Exciting change is in air at Homestyle Dining, the restaurant company, which owns, operates and franchises the iconic Ponderosa Steakhouse and Bonanza Steakhouse brands, plus two modern concepts, Bonanza Steak & BBQ and Cole’s Backyard Grill, is growing and expanding again with four restaurant openings since June.
Longtime franchisees opened a new Ponderosa Steakhouse in Paducah, Kentucky, a new Bonanza Steakhouse in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, a new Bonanza Steak & BBQ in Seymour, Indiana, and a new Ponderosa Steakhouse in Keyser, West Virginia. Additionally, another Bonanza Steak & BBQ is scheduled to open before the end of the year in Hamilton, Alabama, by a new franchisee joining the system.
“Both our corporate team and dedicated franchisee community have worked tremendously hard the past few years to revitalize our legacy brands and introduce two new modern concepts,” said Tom Sacco, CEO, Homestyle Dining LLC. “By opening these four new restaurants in the past six months, and with another set to open soon, we are introducing a new generation to a genuine family dining experience built around great food, friendly service and affordable prices. I am indebted to our franchisees, who have embraced the future of our company and its way forward. We have the Right Brands, at the Right Time, Right Now!”
The franchisees, who opened the new restaurants, are:
- Melissa Hale opened the Ponderosa Steakhouse in Paducah, Kentucky, and also owns another Ponderosa in Draffenville, Kentucky.
- Michelle and Delon Robinson own the new Bonanza Steakhouse in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, plus another Bonanza Steakhouse in New Columbia, Pennsylvania.
- Mike Everhart the owner of the new Bonanza Steak & BBQ in Seymour, Indiana, and as an Area Developer, plans to open additional Bonanza Steak & BBQ and Ponderosa Steakhouse restaurants in coming years. Everhart owns and operates two Ponderosa Steakhouses in Louisville, Kentucky, another in Scottsburg, Indiana, and his most recent Ponderosa in Madison, Indiana.
- The Ponderosa Steakhouse, which opened in Keyser, West Virginia, is owned and operated by Linda Fleming and Katie Kruckenberg. Both have been a part of the Ponderosa Steakhouse brand since the early 1990s.
Each of the new Ponderosa and Bonanza Steakhouse restaurants feature an updated design and a modern menu with more relevant and healthier menu items on both the food bar and across the entire entrée line-up that appeal to a younger and more active guest. The new vision interiors, while still retaining a nod to the brand’s Old West origins, were updated with a guest-friendly food bar design, a brightened color scheme, enhanced lighting, plus new colorful signage and digital menu boards.
The new Bonanza Steak & BBQ, a full service, fully licensed, casual dining Steak & BBQ concept, blends the rich heritage of the 53-year old Bonanza Steakhouse brand with a contemporary, welcoming and social environment featuring an elevated menu offering of hand-cut steaks, pork, chicken, seafood, and authentic, in-house BBQ selections.
About Homestyle Dining LLC
Dallas, Texas-based Homestyle Dining LLC owns, operates and franchises family-focused restaurants throughout the United States and internationally under the Ponderosa Steakhouse and Bonanza Steakhouse brands, where guests enjoy flame-grilled steaks and entrees along with a high-quality buffet featuring an endless selection of salads, soups, appetizers, vegetables, and desserts at affordable prices. Homestyle Dining recently introduced Cole’s Backyard Grill, a truly unique experience around a rich, flavorful and creative American menu at fast casual pricing in an eclectic and comfortable environment. The first Cole’s Backyard Grill opened in Lindale, Tex., in 2014, with plans to open up to 250 restaurants in the next five years. The new Bonanza Steak & BBQ, launched in Eureka, Mo. in late 2015, is modern casual dining concept that celebrates Bonanza’s American steakhouse heritage and modernizes it with an updated menu including new authentic, Southern-style BBQ offerings, an interior redesign around a butcher house theme, and full-service dining. Plans call for 100 franchised locations in the next five years.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record