The Hollywood Roosevelt
Hotel, Historic Site
- The ghost of Marilyn Monroe has supposedly been seen several times in the mirror located next to the elevator on the lower level. It was originally located in her poolside Suite, #1200.
- At the Tuesday night pool party you won't find the attitude that comes with most celeb-studded soirees. Located at the Roosevelt Hotel, it offers pool toys and a pleasant atmosphere... ~Romina Rosenow
- Dine at the restaurant Public inside the Roosevelt.
- If your in Hollywood... This is the place to be!! Greatest party and nicest most beautiful people!!
- After checking out Grauman's, go across the street for some clubbing at Teddy's (Sam Ronson often deejays), grab a poolside drink at Tropicana Bar or some grub at Angelina's fave steakhouse, Dakota.
- Notable residents and guests: Marilyn Monroe, Charlie Chaplin, Judy Garland, Cary Grant, Shirley Temple, Elizabeth Taylor, Frank Sinatra, and more.
- Star chefs come together Tuesday for a fundraiser for Japans disaster victims. Its $40 for general admission, for a couple of drinks & unlimited food, $100 for open bar or $300 for the VIP ticket.
- Strong smell of marijuana at the lobby
- "Meet me at the Roosevelt, bass cabana room" - Snoop Dogg "Deez Hollywood Nights"
- Marilyn's mirror is no longer located in the lobby and is in storage now apparently.... Sad :(
- Crash the Roosevelt Hotel Pool Party. Brush up against Jordan Catalano, i.e. Jared Leto, at the Tropicana Bar, after his underage girlfriend has been kicked out. Sip a beer.
- walk by the david hockney pool. take discrete photos of hipsters and celebrities posing. laugh about them later.
- Start off your night at Library Bar in the lobby. Then head to The Spare Room Bar or Teddys. Then mosey around old Hollywood. End up poolside at Tropicana Bar. Consume more drinks. Repeat.
- Teddy's 5 STAR Hotel & The 1 Of The Most FAMOUS Hot Spots In Hollywood Right Across From The Grauman's Chinese Theatre & The Red Carpet Events!! There's Even Bowling Lanes In The Suites!!
- At the beginning of her career, Marilyn Monroe lived in here. Her suite is now called the Marilyn Monroe Suite.
- Sunday's Pool Parties Are The Best!!!
- Must hit up the 25 Degrees burger bar. And don't worry, it's open 24 hours!
- Go to the Library Bar. The bartenders are incredible at asking what flavors you like and incorporating fresh herbs, fruits and veggies (what? I know! trust me though) to make delicious drinks.
- Get a cabana room right next to the pool. Valet parking is $30 with in and outs. Parking structure across the street for $20. Gets filled quickly.
- Curb Your Enthusiasm - In the episode "Beloved Aunt" Larry David tries to get a room here but strikes out and is forced to go to Jeff's.