Hole in the Rock
Mountain, Scenic Lookout, Rock Climbing
Phoenix, AZ 85008
- Very nice sunset view
- Great hike for newbies
- A very basic trail that only takes about five minutes. The Hole in the Rock is a nice visual and the view is quite beautiful at sunrise. Recommended for those looking to do some outdoor activity.
- If you're a photographer (and even if you're not), this is a great place to get a photo of the Phoenix skyline -- especially at sunset.
- The rock scramble up to the hole is surprisingly short, and the view both ways is magnificent.
- Sunset is wonderful in the hole!
- When you get to the top, there isn't much protection. So tread lightly. But when you get into the hole, there are steps to help you get a nice view.
- Sundays in spring can get quite busy so bring patience or come another time.
- Super cool, easy hike with a spectacular payoff
- A fun super short hike, good place to spend if you want to see rocks but only have 2 hours.
- We arrived at 5:30 hiked up found a groove in the rock to sit and wait until sunset at 6:03pm. My husband turned to me, kissed me as the AZ sun was setting. Impossible to forget sunset or the kiss.
- Cool place to visit.
- Very quick walk. Cool view!
- Great views of Phoenix. Short hike up around the back of the rocks to get into the "hole". Great stop even for just a quick visit.
- Scenic views
- A 'twilight' duck !! http://flic.kr/p/rWxwcJ
- Resting - toa - descanso ; lindo
- Don't come here, it's horrible. Especially around dusk. Terrible. Stay away.
- Just as advertised. There is a whole in a rock.
- Cool park. Nice place to see the sunset.