Hilo Farmers Market
400 Kamehameha Ave
Hilo, HI 96720
- For ono grinds, check out Ratana's green papaya salad (with avocado!) and the bbq cart next door!
- I can not get over the price of papayas here.... 6 for a buck? And they are super sweet. That's crazy! In NYC they can easily run you 2-3 bucks each.
- Love the variety of produce!
- Awesome farmers market. We had some amazing fresh baked blueberry muffins.
- Shell earring and bracelet see Anela's Jade
- Best place to find organic Golden Beets! Excellent!!!
- Go to Ratana's Thai Food stand for papaya salad! I always go there for that! :)!
- Call your local police if they offer you 420. Drugs Free
- Papayas....6 for $2 Rainbow or strawberry are best!
- The herb lady in the middle on the wall has huge bouquets of fresh herbs for only $1
- Jewel in the crown of Hilo - excellent local produce, fresh flowers, unique clothing, Arts & Crafts
- Wednesday is the day to hit the largest farmer's market on the island. Come in the morning for the best selection. You're bound to find a fruit or vegetable you've never seen before. Souvenirs galore.
- Great, fresh and inexpensive food, music, and community!
- Great source for local produce and crafts. Chat up the vendors. They are really good peeps. Great Aloha spirit!
- Lots of vendors here but also lots of homeless roaming for tourists as well
- Great selection of tropical fruits like you'll see in very few places in the world.
- They had live music! Reasonable prices and tropical fruits I had never tried before and the merchants often give samples! Come hungry great food vendors at reasonable prices!
- Free samples of fresh fruit. Check out the macadamia brittle- yum.
- It's sooo cheap! You'll get 2 delicious papayas for jus $1! And loads of local/tropical fruits are sold here
- Wednesday and Saturday are best but not too bad everyday.