- at night, look up at bennett monument: the eyes of two bronze owls at the top glow eerie green every second or so. "la nuit porte conseil." (the night brings counsel.)
- great place to eat lunch, relax & people watch.
- Where to find a shady spot to sit on 34th Street. Get great coffee at the 'wichcraft kiosk and hit up their happy hour coffee & tea specials (1/2 off every day 3-6pm). (via Scoville)
- Walking through here is like hearding cats!!!
- Just grab your lunch and have a seat in the middle of the square,enjoy waching the city feel which is my fave of all times...:)
- Excellent people watching.
- check out macy's Christmas windows. it's amazing paper art!
- Herald Square is a great place to sit, grab a cold water and take in the sights. We stopped in to Macy's-the largest department store in the world! Don't forget to stop in!
- Perfect place to have lunch... With the sounds of birds and the sunshine ! Beautiful
- Grab a chair and people watch.
- Not in a rush? Find someone larger than you to draft behind.
- The people watching is off the charts here. Mostly confused tourists getting ripped off. Fun.
- Great place to sit and relax from all your NYC walking. :)
- Great people watching
- Outdoor bistro tables, by-the-hour bike rental stations, and gourmet coffee stands make people-watching the sport of choice at this multi-block streetfront gathering spot.
- Tourist central, but a great selection of national chain shops.
- Great place to sit and take a break! Plus there's free wifi!
- Great shopping!
- Look at the eye of the owls.. Just do it.
- where the most whacked-out people are in NYC