Old books and typewriters line the shelves of this cool Los Angeles bar. The library feel gives it a very unique atmosphere. The crowd is on the younger side, and the drinks are on the stronger side. Come for a great weekend of sophisticated cocktails and good music with a hip crowd.
Lounge, Speakeasy, Nightclub
$ $ $
6356 Hollywood Blvd (at Ivar Ave)
Los Angeles, CA 90028
- Alex Straus is the man! For a quiet cocktail go early on a Wednesday or Thursday. Tuesdays (Industry Night) and Fridays and Saturdays are slammed.
- Don't miss out on A Moveable Feast. Rye whiskey, sage and blackberries = heaven. Order it!
- Same owners that own Kubar Hollywood, Kubar is the cool Lebanese Restaurant at 6669 Hollywood Blvd. Best Happy Hour in Hollywood
- Excellent hand crafted cocktails and great vibe. The crowd is better on a weeknight than on the weekends.
- Chill amongst walls of books with themed drinks like "The Sun Also Rises" or the rye/ sage/ berry/ lemon "A Moveable Feast" and discover if drunken novel writing was indeed your true calling.
- Typical douche LA crowd most nights. Which is a shame as most of the employees are great people.
- Girls. Bourbon. Literature.
- Very cool atmosphere. Live music.
- The library motif with its many books and typewriters adorning the walls is very chic.
- I just had a baby Mercedes
- Bring a flashlight... it's too dark to read all these books
- LA [Drink] A hidden treasure with a Writers Room feel, cocktails are penned after novels by the great writer. Try The Sun Also Rises--gin, chartreuse, basil and cucumber.
- Delirium on tap.
- Looks like a library lounge on the inside. Great drinks and beautiful crowd. -Francine, The Real L Word
- Featured in LA Weekly's "8 Places To Get a Beer Cocktail in L.A."
- Had Four Roses Bourbon for the first time here, and it won't be the last.
- Stick to the beers! Only $5 and they have a great selection.
- Among the drinks selections are "The Old Man And The Sea" & "The Sun Also Rises," as well, a truly grand selection of the straight stuff Papa favored. The whiskey menu is also something to be admired.
- #HollywoodNYEBlockParty #NYE2017 #NewYearsEve - Hollywood NYE Block Party (Beso, The Study, Hemingways, Project Club LA). TICKETS+INFO AT http://newyearsnightlife.net/hollywood-new-years-block-party/
- Extremely chilled out place. People watching all the way!