Heartland of America Park
608 Conagra Dr
Omaha, NE 68102
- It's nice to get a little bit of nature downtown.
- 31-acre park was opened in 1990 on land recovered after the controversial demolition of the Jobbers Canyon Historic District. The area, filled with warehouses dating to the 1870s.
- I got engaged here!
- The geese are plenty and angry
- Watch out for goose poop.
- Wonderful little sanctuary amid the hustle and bustle of downtown. The ducks & geese are quite friendly.
- Bring a loaf of bread to feed the birds.
- Take a walk and enjoy the water, the sounds, the combination of city and nature!
- A great place for a family walk!
- Nice place for a walk and the fountain creates a great photo op during sunset.
- Nothing like a stroll or jog around the pond
- Nice fountain and some pretty gardens.
- Perfect spot to read while laying in the grass! Also, great for joggers.
- They have $3 boat rides and free entertainment during the summer from 6pm-8pm
- Great for a stroll with your significant other, family picnic, check out the statues & fountains. Take a look at the river. Learn a bit in the pavilion, feed the birds! Enjoy!
- Great time on the boats. Take time to check out the fountains close up. Very fun at night.
- Nice place for a romantic stroll, just be ready to roll up the sleeves and fight off gangs of geese, your date will be impressed ;)
- Go at night and enjoy the city lights
- Beautiful spot. Coming from a NY'er, This is the heartland!
- Hop on the ferry during the summertime, or if you're feeling especially romantic, grab the gondola ride instead!