Heart of The City Farmers Market
1182 Market St (at UN Plaza)
San Francisco, CA 94102
7:00am - 5:30pm
7:00am - 5:00pm
- It's like doubled in size since June! So amazing!
- A lot of the farms here actually are organic (or at least pesticide free and have great farming practices) but can't afford to get certified. Which means: you can get organic produce at a big discount
- Farmers are only there Wednesday and Sunday. Other days you can find crafts and nicknacks.
- Not to be missed
- Wednesday and Friday are official farmers market days. Thursday look for Off the Grid food trucks! Beware, though, the neighborhood is a little sketch.
- A no-nonsense Farmer's Market with just the minimum of McLaren strollers and chocolate Labs. Food trucks mingle amongst the not-strictly-organic veg stands. Also: Kettle Corn.
- Grab a tamale from the All Star Tamale truck
- Cherries are in season and boy are they good!
- Check out the honey booth for great samples of local honeys. My favorite is Wild West Wildflower honey.
- Lot of organic foods directly from farmers
- Try the Coppertop Oven Pizza - it's delish!
- As of August 3rd the Farmers Market is now open on Fridays, in addition to the regular Sundays and Wednesdays. :)
- Produce is cheaper than the chain markets & can be cheaper at the end of the day.
- Best fresh vegetables
- seek the date rolls
- Early birds get the first picks.. When you stop by later, you get the pre packed $1 deals.
- The cheapest veggies in town! And they're open on Wednesday's and Sundays! Double the awesomeness!
- Some questionable characters around but by far the best deals on produce - $1 for a bag of broccoli or peppers?!
- Best value for your money than any other Farmer's Market in town
- spinach and cheese tamales. green salsa. amazing. + the tamale people are really nice.