Harvard Club of New York City
Historic Site, Social Club
- I was here for opening day of the buffalo shrimp in the upstairs bar -- highly recommended, tho you only get 3. FYI - Beware if dudes in suits talking tennis.
- Where nations are born and traded over one dollar bets in the bathroom
- Hendrik Hertzberg watched a 1972 discussion of the woman questionnamely, whether they should be allowed to join. The verdict: No.
- The ladies room in the basement. Great spot for a nap...Not that I've ever done that...
- The architecture in this building is spectacular. Very "old New York". That being said, when walking through the doors it's like a time machine.
- Come for the higher education, STAY FOR THE CHEEEEESE.
- there is a lot of taxidermy here.
- Attend a better college.
- Best place to organize industry board meetings!
- Definitely check out the library, Charles River room and the cheese and crackers in the hall near the dining room.
- Fancy schmancy.
- Gawk at the elephant head in the room while munching on a complimentary popover.
- If you're eating in the Grill Room, try the Gazpacho. It's world-class.
- If you pretend real hard it feels like Hogwarts.
- All graduates should join! Love playing backgammon in the Grill Room, attending events in the Harvard Hall, watching sports in the Main Bar and resting in the Gordon Reading Room.
- The showers are unreal
- You can often slum it in jeans in the Charles River and Grill rooms. Don't do it elsewhere.
- Buffet lunch in the Grill Room
- Have the cheese and crackers at bar. Same cheese forever. It is a classic!
- Charles room is. Great place for getting things done when bouncing fro meeting to meeting