Theater, Indie, Music Venue
- Can't afford $50 Guthrie tickets? Line up right before showtime: tickets go on sale at half-price 10 minutes before each performance.
- The theater opened in 1963 with a production of Hamlet directed by Sir Tyrone Guthrie, the theater's founder. It was created to host performances that were removed from the atmosphere of Broadway.
- Yellow Box
- See a Tony Kushner play. Eat a giant cookie at intermission.
- Sea Change has ambiance, but the drinks are cheaper at the Target Lounge.
- At intermission, head straight for the 4th floor bar underneath the Endless Bridge. Better selection of drinks, and no lines!
- Pre-order cocktails at the Target Lounge and avoid the lines during intermission.
- Get dinner and see a show.
- Enjoy the view from the end of the endless bridge.
- Come during the day with ir laptop and enjoy good coffee and free wifi with the Guthrie as ur off site office
- Target Lounge is the best bar here!
- Always go to Target Lounge bar under floating bridge. Full bar, no lines!
- The lookout on the 9th floor was great!
- Continue up to the ninth floor, to the Amber Box, walled in yellow glass, for more views (and a vertigo-inducing peek through a window in the floor).
- Takes 51 seconds to get down the escalator.
- Life is theater and you are in one.
- Loved it very easy to park at and find
- I love the snacks at the Target Lounge. Great vibe too.
- Know everything there is to know about the Guthrie? Find out here: http://bit.ly/gthrie
- You can get high from the perfume while waiting for the show to start