Rock Club, Bar
1222 Commonwealth Ave (at Harvard Ave.)
Allston, MA 02134
- Live within your means: CASH ONLY
- Check out the website for show listings and advance tickets www.greatscottboston.com
- Booker Carl Lavin does a very, very good job bringing in both underground indie bands and bigger acts. Shows rarely run more than $15. Go Friday night for their comedy show (7 p.m.)
- Sometimes you can grab parking behind Staples.
- A Snakebite is 1/2 Strongbow 1/2 Bass, all delicious
- drink your narragansett with a straw so you don't mess up the lipstick.
- Quoth the Mayor: "The Pickle Back [a shot of whiskey followed by a shot of pickle juice] is one of the greatest shots known to mankind. ... Its been a staple of Great Scott for some time."
- don't miss out on the big shows! Buy in advance.
- Come Christmas time, see The Scrooges play a kickass show here.
- Rotating taps offer some great selection. If you're lucky enough to see one of your favorite bands here, you'll probably get the chance to buy them a beer afterwards. Choose wisely.
- You can purchase tickets with no fees 7 days a week after 12pm!
- A stand-up comedy show, The Gas, runs every Friday night at 7:30.
- "Nice bar for live music. There is plenty of good beer on tap. Also, there is free WiFi and cheap food across the street, if you're hungry for either the internet or food." -New Cassettes
- Amazing place to see a show. Really small, so you can get up close, also big potential to meet the band before/after shows. Will DEFINITELY be coming back.
- ++ The best place to see a show in Boston ++
- Spend Christmas here with an Estonian.
- Great venue! Cheap drinks & awesome staff! Nevermind the never ending great bands rolling through!
- See the Fenway Recording Sessions - always good bands/rocking time! The past sessions include MGMT, Kate Nash, Diplo, The Ting Tings, The Cribs, Bat For Lashes, Bird and the Bee, The Temper Trap etc
- If youre into intimate live music shows this is your jam! But be prepared, its cash only!
- Fun club in Alston with cheap drinks (cash only)!