Great Platte River Road Archway
Museum, History Museum, Historic Site
- The monument serves as a gateway between the past and the present. Once a major trading post on the Oregon Trail, this monument offers a genuine look into Kearneys frontier culture over the years.
- This archway is so cool been by it several times..
- Incredible interactive history museum!
- What would appear to be a gimmicky tourist trap is actually a pretty well done museum that highlights Kearney as the crossroads it has been throughout American history. Worth the stop, seriously!
- Awesome interactive museum covering American history from the start of the Oregon trail through modern highways. Well worth a stop!
- Enjoyed our visit. Very informative and eye pleasing. Found out that Kearney, NE is 1733 miles from Boston and 1733 miles from San Francisco! Cool place that we've driven by and finally stopped.
- Don't miss the powwow June 18 and 19. Amazingly powerful to witness.
- Try the maze. It is harder than it looks.
- This is a nice respite on a long, boring, truck infested I80 trip. Takes less than an hour and is really nice.
- Awesome - educational visit. Passed many times- so glad we finally did it! Well worth it!
- Everyone needs to see it once but not sure it's a return trip...
- Pretty limited hours. If you started a trip from Chicago, you'd have to leave at 7am to get there before closing.
- Great exhibits and smart as the whole tour only takes an hour.
- Find a shady spot to park if you have your dog with you.... No pets allowed!
- So not worth it!
- Not worth the price-and speakers too loud to hear headset over it.
- Interesting side trip