402 Avenue of the Americas (at W 8th St)
New York, NY 10011
Lists & rankings
- #28 on 101 Best Casual Restaurants in America 2019
- #93 on 101 Best Casual Restaurants in America 2018
- #83 on 101 Best Casual Restaurants in America 2017
- #22 on 101 Best Casual Restaurants in America 2016
- #48 on America's Best Hotdogs 2015
- #49 on America's Best Hotdogs 2015
- #73 on 101 Best Casual Restaurants in America 2015
- The cheapest meal in New York City!
- Recommended meal: hot dog. The classic New Yorker's poor man's meal. Meat, starch and veg--all in a few mouthfuls. - Anthony Bourdain, host of No Reservations
- One of the cheapest meals you can get in the city, and it tastes good too! Definitely get the Recession Special two dogs and a drink for only $4.95. Bypass the $1 pizza!
- Great dogs
- Try the Coconut Champagne drink with your Recession Special instead of Papaya. You won't regret it.
- 6th ave and 8th st order two dogs (well done for that caviar crunch) and a papaya drink and understand the promise of AMERICA with its streets paved with gold!!!
- You have to get the 2 Dogs (with everything) and a drink Combo... It's a NY staple!
- Gray's Papaya's Hot Dog voted #4 on The Village Voice's 10 Best LateNight Eats in New York City: http://bit.ly/y8CSci
- 2 dogs and get the orange drink
- A NYC legend. Feel the pop!
- dog with mustard and kraut
- Recession special before you hop on the train, it will totally help you feel better the next day.
- The best pineapple water EVER.
- Recession Special is always a classic! cheap and good.
- Are you really going to order a dollar slice at Gray's? Come on. Get a hot dog. Most of all, do NOT get a hot dog and fold it up in a dollar slice like Adam Kuban did.
- Order the Classic: Two dogs, mustard, large Diet Coke. So good.
- They're now serving pizza for a dollar a slice. Most awful. Check NYC pizza reviews at www.PizzaSnobo.com
- sausage, egg, and cheese is greasy and yummy. the hamburger bun makes it.
- Love the orange drink
- Awesome as always.