Gray's Lake Park
Park, Beach, Lake
- Run, skate, yoga, they are countless things to do. Rent a paddle boat and take part in the moon float during the full moon, and take sailing lessons on a 16ft boat
- Each time I go around the lake, I get a little faster. My goal by the end of summer is to run the whole thing! Who is with me?? :-) #runaway
- A pleasant place to go walking. Plus, the bridge has a really cool lighting thing at night. Did I mention moon floats during the summer? I like this place.
- A pair of nesting Bald Eagles are a beautiful site along the river. Doggie pick up bags are available. Take one and tie it on your leash incase u need it.
- Run, skate, yoga, they are countless things to do. Rent a paddle boat and take part in the moon float during the full moon, and take sailing lessons on a 16ft boat.
- Walk, run, skate or cycle - going around the lake is a great way to be kind to your ticker!
- Early morning is always pleasant. Less crowded and beautiful to watch the sunrise.
- Biking around the lake is awesome! Be sure to hit up the bike rentals.
- Beautiful park.. the lake is very peaceful and the bridge with the stained glass lighting is unique and a Des Moines favourite! Living in Des Moines years ago, it holds many memories..
- We have measured a few times...it is closer to 1.9 miles around.
- Take an umbrella to the lake today! We all love the water ... just not from the sky!
- A relaxing time can be had on the peninsula during the summer months, just watch where you sit.
- Beautiful place for recreation and times of relaxation.
- Phenomenal views with a great length path for beginner runners and anyone looking for a relaxing walk in the heart of Des Moines!
- Dog's welcome.
- Nice, beautiful 2 mile loop with a cool view of the sky line. Go at night to admire the lit up bridge!
- Excellent place to relax and just walk around.
- One of my favorite Des Moines recreational places, Gray's Lake is wonderful for walks, bird watching, and boating. When my children were young, we spent a lot of time at the beach!
- Great place to walk!
- Nice place to relax