537 Park Ave SE (at Hansell St SE)
Atlanta, GA 30312
- Grant Park was a filming location for the AMC show The Walking Dead & shown in Season 1 Episode 1. The "bicycle girl" zombie was filmed in the park & the homes for Rick & Morgan are located nearby.
- The neighborhood was named for L.P. Grant, a civil engineer for the Georgia Railroad who has been called the "Father of Atlanta." The park is today visited by more than a million visitors annually.
- Great view of the skyline from the southeast corner of the park.
- Enjoy a picnic near the newly constructed playground or chase creatures through the ancient trees. Visit the Grant Park Pool which offers free swimming on weekdays!
- Did you know? Grant Park was established in 1883 and is the oldest city park in Atlanta. The park originally featured Lake Abana, which was drained in 1960.
- Walk along the trails and feel like you've escaped the city for a few moments. The park is so tranquil and beautiful especially in the Spring when all the flowers are blooming.
- There is an exorbitant amount of chicken bones in the park. Your dog will try to eat them.
- Fort Walker was located in the SE corner of the park. It was named after CSA General W.H.T. Walker who was killed during the Battle of Atlanta on July 22, 1864.
- The 12th Annual Grant Park Summer Shade Festival is a featured event on www.XPLRR.com. Download the FREE app and become an Atlanta Explorer! http://bit.ly/XPLRRiPhone | http://bit.ly/XPLRRAndroid
- Walked the perimeter of the park to raise awareness for domestic violence . I was very much moved by the shared accounts of survivors ....
- What a great park for some exercise!
- Piedmont might be more famous, but this is Atlanta's best park. Those in the know, know...
- if you have dogs... make sure you drop in to the unofficial dog park after work. you can find lots of people and dogs behind the baseball fields.
- Excellent part of town to walk in.
- Grant Park is spacious yet intimate. A park more likely to be used by locals than transplants or visitors.
- The "10th Annual House in the Park" at Grant Park is a featured event on www.XPLRR.com. Download our FREE app and become an Atlanta Explorer! http://bit.ly/XPLRRiPhone | http://bit.ly/XPLRRAndroid
- A place you instantly feel at home.
- Finished our set. On the main stage. And it was good.
- Don't let your dog eat chicken wing bones
- 2 miles Every other day keeps the stress away. And some P90x inbetween