Grand Army Plaza
Plaza, Sculpture, Landmark
- Grand Army Plaza, a National Historic Landmark, is the heart of Brooklyn. Within blocks are the Brooklyn Public Library, Brooklyn Botanic Gardens, Brooklyn Museum, Prospect Park.
- Grand Army Plaza is now safer and more attractive thanks to a recent safety redesign by DOT.
- The streets around Grand Army Plaza form the largest and busiest traffic circle in Brooklyn.
- Come in the summer and sit by the fountain to cool off a bit. We mostly enjoy coming on Saturdays throughout the year for the farmers market!
- Watch New Year's Eve Fireworks from Grand Army Plaza. There's music - and free hot choc - starting at 11 p.m. http://bit.ly/hKUqbi
- On 12/20/11, I was here to light the menorah. Happy Hanukkah!
- This plaza bears the moniker "grand" not because of its size. It is, in fact, named for the Grand Army of the Potomac, which was the name given to the Union Army during the American Civil War.
- When driving through, follow both the signs painted on the roads and the signs hanging above the streets. Otherwise, it is easy to get misdirected.
- Itz a nice place to go and relax with your hubby
- The oval-shaped plaza is bisected by 59th Street. The southern part of the plaza is squeezed in between the Plaza Hotel and the GM Building. The northern part is actually a cutout of Central Park.
- Great spot for some fountain splash-action on a super hot day.
- Classic Brooklyn site. Check out the fountain sculptures or run up the Central Library steps like Rocky.
- Food Truck Rally! Every 3rd Sun thru Oct at Bklyns Grand Army Plz. 11 a.m. 5 p.m. Starts June 19! More trucks!
- Sun, May 22 Food Truck Raklly at Grand Army Plaza! 11am - 5pm http://bit.ly/kuRPSl
- One of my favourite urban spots. The greatest fountain.
- First Saturday at the Museum are great ... and Free! Check it out
- I love this spot. Free Wifi
- Great place to sit and read, especially in the summer when the fountain is on. Also a funny place to watch wedding photo shoots.
- Go to the Greenmarket on Saturdays and get the mint and maple syrup iced tea from the maple syrup guy.
- Beautiful sculpture. Definitely resembling Paris in many ways. I love the farmer's market that they have here on Saturdays.