Landmark, Scenic Lookout
- After Gracie sold his house, the property eventually was appropriated by the City of New York in 1896 and the 11 acres that came with the home would later be formed into Carl Schurz Park.
- Gracie Mansion was originally built in 1799 by a prosperous New York merchant named Archibald Gracie.
- Shipping tycoons, like Archibald Gracie, built their houses along the water to show off their wealth, however Gracie had to sell his house in 1823 due to financial failure.
- Did you know that Gracie Mansion was the first home of the Museum of the City of New York?
- Gracie Mansion was built in 1799. A different building was commandeered by George Washington on roughly the same site during the American Revolutionary War, as it strategically overlooked Hell Gate.
- Yesterday, I was here to host a reception in honor of Lunar New Year 4711, Year of the Snake.
- Attending the annual Made in NY Awards with Matt Damon, John Leguizamo, Foursquare co-founder, Dennis Crowley and others including @sayitwithstyle Felix Mercado. Fabulous event. Go NYC!
- Parks Commissioner Robert Moses convinced City authorities to designate Gracie Mansion as the official residence of the Mayor, and in 1942, Fiorello H. La Guardia moved in.
- In 1801, Alexander Hamilton called a meeting of fellow Federalists here, in order to raise money to publish the newspaper now known as the New York Post.
- Today, I was here to host a reception in honor of NYC's 10th Annual Immigrant Heritage Week: http://bit.ly/11fGA7P
- Yesterday, I was here to host a reception in honor of Greek Independence Day.
- Yesterday, I was here to host a reception in honor of Women's History Month.
- Oddly enough, Bloomberg is not the mayor here.
- On 7/19/12, I hosted a reception in honor of Harlem Week 2012.
- On 8/9/11, I hosted an award reception here in honor of the 21st anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Gracie Mansion is one of New York City's many amazing landmarks. Enjoy your visit (and you can learn more by visiting: http://www.nyc.gov/html/om/html/gracie.html)
- Le Gracie Mansion, bti en 1799, est la rsidence officielle du maire de New York depuis 1942.
- On 6/4/12, I was here to present the 2012 @MadeinNY awards: http://bit.ly/LYx2uC
- On 12/7/11, we celebrated Mayor Ed Kochs 87th Birthday. Hey Ed - how'm I doin?
- On 7/26/11, I hosted the Gracie Mansion Tee-Ball Tournament with the Roberto Clemente Foundation, Little League International, and Bernie Williams. Watch the highlights here: http://bit.ly/xvoRXp