Thrift / Vintage
701 Newman Dr. (Lake Austin Blvd.)
Austin, TX 78703
- Saturdays are busy from noon till 1 because of the weekly auction
- Very clean store. Nice staff.
- Expensive. Fair-Ok selection of clothing, books, and shoes. Kind of meh in my opinion. I've been to better ones w/better quality & prices. Oh yea-no furniture either
- Advantages: good selection, in a nice neighborhood, near a Twin Liquors, 7-11, CVS, Randall's & a yummy Tex-Mex restaurant BUT Disadvantage: being the most expensive GW I've been to outside of NYC.
- This Goodwill has been raising prices as far back as I can remember. Mens shirts and sportcoats have gone up over 50% in just a couple of years. Still good deals but not nearly what they used to be.
- Everyone calls this "The Gucci Goodwill." It's small, cramped, poor parking... not worth a special trip, UNLESS you eat at the Tex Mex place next door; that food was ridiculously delicious!!!