Candy Store, Ice Cream, American
2 Railroad Ave (at Main & Beach)
York Beach, ME 03910
- Speaking from experience they frown upon you pulling your taffy while watching them pull theirs...
- Be sure to watch the taffy making process through the window, from the melting of butter and sugar through the stretching and finally the wrapping.
- Checkerberry Chip Ice Cream (wintergreen ice cream with chocolate chips) and all the flavors of saltwater taffy, but especially the Peanut Butter Molasses kisses, are musts!
- This place is the best. Relax and enjoy the little details, like the old soda- fountain style soda glasses in metal holders. (love those!) Tuna melt is awesome, as is coleslaw, the clubs, everything
- A great family restaurant and you can watch the saltwater taffy being pulled in the window!
- Best clam chowder EVER!!!
- This is the best French toast served by a restaurant anywhere.
- Order coffee, turkey and bacon club and the French toast breakfast. Everything was delicious and the staff was very friendly. Favorite place so far on this vacation.
- I thought I hated all taffy until I tried the product at the Goldenrod. It's amazing and the Maine blueberry flavor is fantastic.
- Peanut butter taffy is the best!
- Definitely have the carmel corn!
- If you have never had an egg cream, this is the place to do it! Try chocolate!
- turkey club sandwich is a great pick
- Taffy that is hand made every day
- Taffy is great!
- Freshly squeezed lemonade... I enjoyed breakfast so much! It was very busy during the season...too busy, maybe...
- One of the prettiest places in the world. Stand out front and watch taffy being made on 100 year old machines, slip in to the 50's style counter and have a root Beer float, or sit down for a chowder
- Love the lobster rolls! And the frappes are great.
- $10 minimum for credit cards.