As we head into my favorite time of year, I suddenly get inspired to try all sorts of fun and delicious desserts. This includes pie of course, lots and lots of pie!
In the past, I have almost always gone with a traditional pumpkin pie or something chocolate. This time I decided to try a caramel apple pie mixed with a bit of cheesecake pudding. Those ingredients just belong together, sort of like peanut butter and jelly.
Last year, I really got into making no-bake pies. They are so simple to make and I can easily whip one up during my daughter’s naptime and it’s perfectly chilled and ready to serve by dinnertime. That is my kind of “no baking.”
We decided to serve this pie at a cookout recently and by the end of the evening, all that was left was crumbs. That’s it . . . crumbs. I actually put it in the freezer and thawed it just a bit before serving but it was absolutely wonderful served slightly frozen. It tasted just like an ice cream pie.
I picked up a gluten free graham pie shell, and then I placed it into my pie pan to make it look pretty. Now, of course my pie shell crumbled on me. Don’t despair! All I did was spread the crumbles in the bottom of the pie pan and then pushed them together. It worked well and since it’s going to be going into the freezer, it will harden up and you will still have a wonderful crust.
This recipe can easily be adapted, too, based on the flavors you like. What about a blueberry pie with cheesecake pudding? That one is next on my list to try!
What’s on your list? Start with this one, you’ll only have crumbs left too! Enjoy!
- 1 3.4 ounce package cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can caramel apple pie filling
- 1 gluten free pie shell graham flavor
- 2 cups whipped topping
- caramel syrup, to drizzle
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, mix together the cheesecake pudding, milk, and caramel apple pie filling.
- Pour into the prepared pie shell.
- Place in the fridge for about 2 hours until pudding is fully set.
- Frost the pie with the whipped topping then drizzle with caramel syrup.
- Serve immediately or place in the freezer until ready to serve.
360 Bakeware Pie Pan
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
Cuisinart Stand Mixer
KitchenAid Stand Mixer