This gluten free Funfetti mug cake is seriously the best. It’s so incredibly easy and really only requires two ingredients – with one of them being WATER.
AND it’s cooked in the microwave. I’m going to go a little Ina here and say, “How easy is that?!”. Preach it, girl.
I’ve made a few mug cakes in the past when it’s late and I want a sweet little snack but I don’t want a lot of dishes, I don’t want to have to turn on the oven, and I don’t really want to work for my food. Like who wants to do that?
That’s where mug cakes come in and that’s why we love them so much. They’re easy, there’s minimal clean up, and one minute in the microwave is like nothing as far as baking time goes.
If you’re feeling a little skeptical about mug cakes, please try this out!
There are a ton of homemade mug cake recipes out there but I had some leftover cake mix in my cupboard from making my cake batter fudge. After doing some research, it seems like the 3:2:1 ratio is the best way to go with cake mix mug cakes.
3 tablespoons cake mix : 2 tablespoons water : 1 minute in the microwave. ALL of those recipes were for regular cake mix. I was a little worried it wouldn’t work with gluten free cake mix but IT DOES. **happy dance**
The cake actually comes out nice and fluffy! A fluffy little gluten free Funfetti mug cake just for moi.
I topped my mug cakes with a little whipped cream and of course, more sprinkles. There can never be enough sprinkles in my opinion. For some extra decadence, try drizzling it with a little hot fudge sauce – incredible!
You could also top these with some frosting and get that whole cake experience. I often have leftover frosting in my fridge but shockingly, not today.
Anyone else usually have a fridge full of frosting? #foodbloggerproblems.
- 3 tablespoons gluten free funfetti cake mix, like pillsbury
- 2 tablespoons water
- gluten free sprinkles, for garnish
- whipped cream, or frosting, for garnish
- Spray a mug or ramekin with nonstick spray. Add the cake mix and water and stir to combine. Add additional sprinkles if desired.
- Cook in the microwave on high power for 1 minute. Let cool slightly before serving as it will be VERY hot.
- Top with whipped cream, frosting, and sprinkles as desired.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time