George's at The Cove
New American, Seafood, Wine Bar
$ $ $
Lists & rankings
- Fish tacos are a landmark dish in San Diego, and chef Trey Foshee wanted to celebrate that heritage with this menu item.
- You can't beat this view!
- Coming all the way from San Diego to the first Annual LA Weekly Tacolandia thanks to Street Gourmet LA curator Bill Esparza!
- Best place to drink a margarita and watch the sun set on the cove. They have a ridiculous rule about everyone in the party being present b4 they'll seat u.
- Go for the chicken soup
- The view of the water is beautiful. You can see the seals, surfers, & a pretty sunset. This place will get crowded on sunny days. The food was delicious.
- This spot offers two separate dining concepts: the semi-casual Ocean Terrace on the top floor, and George's California Modern, a fine-dining restaurant below.
- Sat in the middle level because we thought it'd be too hot on the roof. Nice environment, small. Fish tacos were so tasty! Topped with mango salsa & an avocado cream sauce!
- There's a good reason their soup has been on the menu for two decades. Try it and find out! And the view from the terrace is not to be missed.
- Try the Chilled Soba Noodle Salad with Seared Rare Ahi
- get the ceviche :)
- All three levels are fabulous but California Modern has the best staff in town. Try their tasting menu!
- The top level is beautiful! The ocean is gorgeous and creates the perfect setting for a meal. I got the shrimp tacos, and they were delicious. Definitely recommend!
- Try the Cuban sandwich. Yum!
- The farro salad is so delicious! Every flavor compliments each other!!! Also the five spice chicken salad is tasty... Definitely sit on the roof for views & ambiance!
- Amazing staff. Wonderful, fresh ingredients prepared with skill and care. Some nice experiemental food.
- George's Bar rocks. Awesome views and they have a tasty mini menu to order from. Dress cute :)
- Unbeatable view, great service. Try the pia colada, they do a great one.
- Wonderful view. Sitting outside you'd think they might have only average food, but you'd be wrong! Delicious breakfast and brunch food.
- Blackened Fish Sandwich was really good!