Plaza, Park, Fountain
- This fountain was founded in 1871 & was a gift from Henry Probasco in memory of Tyler Davidson. Probasco traveled to Munich & commissioned a bronze allegorical fountain named The Genius of Water.
- Fountain Square's centerpiece is the Tyler Davidson Fountain, which was donated by Henry Probasco and dedicated on October 6, 1871. 1935 photo courtesy Cincinnati Museum Center.
- Get a Kolsch beerand sit on the patio with the Nachos - chilled.
- In the heart of Cincinnatis downtown, Fountain Square serves as the backdrop for scenes in the new film Ides of March, set to hit the big screens in October 2011.
- Take time to look down. Sometimes the reflections in the puddles are the most beautiful part of the square.
- If you want to know what's happening on Fountain Square, visit www.myfountainsquare.com.
- Lunch on the Square is awesome! Grab a bite @ Chipotle and eat on the Square while watching the city pass by you.
- For great photos of the fountain: set your camera on a tripod and use a long exposure (2-5 seconds) to capture the running water. Get Carew or the colored lights above Rock Bottom in the background.
- Fountain Square during a "Made in Cincinnati" display on 8/26/1913. The Square has been remodeled significantly several times during its history. Photo courtesy Cincinnati Museum Center.
- When you park at fountain square, use your credit card on the way in, instead of getting a ticket, then you don't need to pay at the kiosk. Just use your card again at the end as your 'ticket'!
- Come on over to Mynt Martini! Happy hour from 3-8 weekdays and the best nightlife spot in the city!!!
- Fountain Square hosts the official Cincinnati Christmas Tree. They light it each year at a huge party on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Check out the Christmas lights and skating rink!!!
- Grab a seat on the Via Vite terrace, perfect spot to eat, drink and people watch.
- Great venue for families. The fountain is beautiful ! This summer, Thursday's are salsa night, with a live band and packed "dance floor!"
- Nice place to hang when the weather is nice. They show lots of sporting events on the big screen
- alway some activity going on concerts, beer tastings, reds celebrations and centerpiece of Cincinnati downtown
- Hold onto your purses tight! :)
- Did you know? The fountain symbolizes waters blessings. The Lady is the Genius of Water, the 4 large figures represent waters practical uses and the 4 child figures are the pleasures of water.
- The fountain statue is called the 'Genious of Water'. This is out of irony because the guy tasked with giving it a name in 1987 drew a blank and all his friends mocked him like oh you're a real genius