Fort Greene Park Greenmarket
8:00am - 4:00pm
- Get apples, apple cider, and apple cider doughnuts from Wilklow Orchards! You won't regret it.
- Squash blossoms at couple of stands, they were directly opposite actually. At each stand $5/box w/ appox 15 blossoms, it's a great deal. They're perfect fried & stuffed w/ ricotta or cashew cream
- LOTS of fresh stuff for any budget. Even plenty of fresh produce for $1 a lb.. plus, its a farmer's market (not a big chain store!)
- A zillion tomatoes this week.
- Happy to award the Snail of Approval to Fort Greene Park Greenmarket
- When the honey crisp apples are in season they are outstanding.
- The bread from http://hotbreadkitchen.org/ Hot Bread Kitchen increases economic security for foreign-born and low-income women and men by opening access to the billion dollar specialty food industry
- Get here early if you want dairy, Ronnybrook always runs out and leaves early
- Bring your veggie and food scraps to the Greenmarket before noon for composting and be sure to thank the volunteers!
- http://artisan-market.org There will be a large variety of unique and hand-made affordable gifts for Mothers this coming weekend.
- Drop off your food scraps here every Saturday!
- prolly best around. Saturday's 8-5. (also, they have textile recycling)
- Fort Greene Park Greenmarket is open Sat 8am-3pm. You can redeem your Health Bucks and use your EBT at this market. Learn more about Health Bucks at http://on.nyc.gov/ateSJ6.
- Addicted to the drinkable yogurts from Ronnybrook
- The fish is incredible
- Buy the Red Jacket Orchard juice! Like drinking liquid orgasm...Not exactly but it's SOOOOOOOO good!!!
- Get peaches from Taigo Orchards. They are muy especial.
- I eat gluten, but the gluten-free pumpkin muffins from Meredith's Bread are wicked good.
- Get here early to catch She Wolf Bakery before they sell out
- It gets very crowded and frenetic at times, so its a good idea to carry small dogs in bags, or leave them at home.