A Foolproof Guide to Homemade Caramel Apples
Um, hello? What about those weeks in between Halloween and Thanksgiving when I want to treat myself?
Enter caramel apples. These are great for any holiday parties you have coming up, and if you want a more festive apple, just add a few drops of green or red food coloring to melted white chocolate and drizzle it over the caramel. If you’re looking for more variation, roll your apples in chopped nuts, mini M&Ms or leftover crushed up Halloween candy.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 5 apples
5 granny smith apples, chilled
1 package soft caramels
3 tablespoons milk
Crafting or popsicle sticks
1. Chill apples in the refrigerator. Once chilled, remove stems and pierce apples with crafting sticks.
2. Put caramels into a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan full of boiling water, but make sure the bowl isn’t actually touching the water. Add in the milk and continually stir the caramels as they melt. More milk can be added to make a thinner caramel, if desired.
3. Once the caramels are melted, dip an apple into the caramel.
4. Immediately dip caramel-coated apple into topping of choice.
5. Let apples sit on parchment-paper lined baking tray until the caramel has fully set.
Other great holiday treats:
- 4 Holiday Cookie Holiday Cookie Recipes You Have to Make
- Mini Caramel Apple Pie Recipe
- How to Make Flaky Pie Dough