The Fly (Avenger Park)
Park, Scenic Lookout, Soccer Field
West Dr. (Riverside of the Audubon Zoo)
New Orleans, LA 70118
- Nice place by the Mississippi river. Bring a dog-best pickup tool ever. - McKenzie, Real World: New Orleans
- Daiquiri + Mississippi River + sunset + The Fly = Quintessential New Orleans afternoon
- if you're here there's nothing more to say - have fun !
- I love the fly! I learned to roller skate here as a child and had even more great times as an adult!
- Instructions: Bring a hammock, some strawbita, good music, then just chill & watch the sunset.
- Great place to work out, lay out or hang out :)
- softball practice
- Dont jump in the river and join the beer pong game
- great hang out spot to watch the sun set
- Great place to walk along the Mississippi and get away from all the tourists
- Come here all the time! As often as you can. But try not to get stuck behind a train.
- Grab a daiquiri and watch some barges go by. Also good for kicking around or throwing a ball.
- Best spot to watch the sunset.
- Park behind the Zoo along the river. Perfect for sunbathing, crawfish boils, baseball games and birthday parties. Tip: Closer to the entrance tends to be more college-aged so drive a little further.
- Wear sunscreen and bring a daiquiri.
- Visit the Tree of Life. Amazing the history that this tree has "seen."
- nice view of the sunset - but head a bit east to avoid the recycling center view
- Sunsets are beautiful here.
- NOLA's most scenic sunset
- Beautiful scenery. Nice for an outing with friends.