Five Ingredients or Less: Spinach Pie
Veggies have never tasted so good! This spinach pie is delicious and super simple. The buttery spinach and onions combined with the scrumptious melted parmesan cheese will keep you asking for more. Good thing it takes only 20 minutes using five ingredients. Spinach lovers, you will thank us for this.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: About 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
½ stick salted butter
½ white onion sliced
1 10 oz. bag of spinach
Parmesan cheese, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Find a glass dish or a deep dish tray (keep in mind the bottom should be covered with spinach).
2. Melt the butter in a pan and add onions.
3. Once the onions are turning clear, add the spinach and cook until wilted.
4. Put the sautéed spinach and onions in the dish and spread around evenly, lightly pat down mixture.
5. Crack eggs on top of base layer and use a fork to pop the yokes.
6. Spread eggs delicately on top of mixture without mixing eggs into the spinach base.
7. Sprinkle desired amount of parmesan on top and slide it into the oven.
8. Bake until the cheese is golden brown (about 15-20 minutes).