First Avenue & 7th St Entry
Music Venue, Rock Club, Nightclub
- This venue was once the Greyhound bus station, and it's alleged that ghosts of travelers and homeless people who died at the bus station now haunt First Avenue.
- Voted Best Dance Club by City Pages in 2010. In 2010 First Ave housed the most successful dance nights in the city. Among them: Get Cryphy, Too Much Love, Ritmo Caliente, Hot Dish, Black, and more.
- Mpls.St.Paul Magazine March 2011 editors pick for best place to see a concert.
- Voted Best Dance Club by City Pages in 2012! If thinking about all of their different dance nights doesn't wear you out, congratulations; your clubbing years are not over yet.
- The best music venue in all of Minneapolis.
- Voted Best Dance Club by City Pages in 2011! From hip hop to techno, First Avenue has always been a dancing mainstay
- a must for any music fan...
- Keep an eye out for Prince, who lives in a secret network of tunnels located deep beneath the stage.
- Go here and use the end stall in the men's restroom. Reward yourself with Summit for bravery.
- Drink something that's not a tallboy
- Don't ask me if you can go backstage!
- Spot a hipster!
- Big lines? You can also enter for Mainroom shows at the Record Room door (located on 1st Ave side).
- use one of the last two stalls in the women's room. you can look out on second avenue, and the people on second avenue can see you.
- The quintessential Twin Cities rock club. A true classic. Voted Best Concert Venue by City Pages Best of 2014!
- Catch a show from right behind the sound board. Enjoy the great view, the superb mix and easy access to the back bar.
- Catch 2012 America's Best DJ nominee SOVIETPANDA here on 6/2/12! VOTE in person to enter to WIN a trip for 2 to VEGAS. LIKE/FOLLOW ABDJ on Facebook/Twitter to enter to WIN prizes from Pioneer DJ!
- I saw quite a few acts here! Old skool! also Prince filmed Purple Rain concert sequences here... Awesome place!
- See the bartender at the upstairs front bar (by the windows) with the white shirt and rolled up sleeves. Best bartender in the cities!!! He's amazing and reads minds. Or just KNOWS
- Go to Boiled in Lead's annual St. Patrick's Day show at First Avenue.