Father Demo Square
Park, Plaza, Fountain
- Yes there are tourists, yes there are bums, but grab some cheese from Murray's and look up just at the fountain & surrounding buildings- feels like you are somewhere in Europe
- I call this place "sad park." Why does everyone here look like someone just kicked your puppy?
- This is where you sit down to eat your Joe's Pizza or Rocco's Pastries.
- Lovely fountain.
- Great nite-lit fountain in middle.Cross-section of gritty+hipster money.Add: Bridge-and-tunnel at nite.Have crazy convos w/strangers! 1st: John's pizzeria on Bleeker (nearby,crowded but recommended).
- Nice place to give your feet a rest in the middle of Greenwich Village
- Worst fountain in Manhattan... The city bought this POS at Target.... Other than that good spot to kickit, Johns pizza, Grom Gellato, or Popbar and people watch
- watch your feet!... there are always mice scampering about!
- This is a quiet & clean little park on Carmine St. Take your lunch there and hang out!
- wifi, pidgeons, fountain and a marble 'soap box'.. go make a speech or read a poem.. I dare ya!
- Nothing beats eating a slice from joes pizza on the square with the bums and the tourists haha!
- Good spot to grab a bench and hang out. People watching, as anywhere around the city is pretty good.
- Take your Joe's pizza, your Grom gelato, or your Popbar popsicle over to this park to eat.
- gorgeous foliage from the southwest corner!
- The best shade is here.
- Have a slice of Joe's pizza and relax. You're in the village in NYC. Can't get any better.
- In 1923 they decided to extend 6th Ave South in order to accommodate traffic from the Holland Tunnel, where the original Pompeii church was. Father Demo got the money to move the church!
- Nice spot to chill and chat in the middle of the village
- Watching the fountain all lit up at night while enjoying a light breeze, the splashing of water and stranger's conversations is a perfect New York evening.
- Protip: grab a slice at Joe's and take it to a bench.