American, Fast Food
7242 S Western Ave (btwn W 72nd & W 73rd)
Chicago, IL 60636
Lists & rankings
- #3 on America's Best Hotdogs 2015
- #4 on America's Best Hotdogs 2015
- This weathered looking stand on the South Side is famous for the mother-in-law, a corn meal tamale in a hot dog bun with chili on top.
- Only Chicago could convince me that the New York hot dog was not, in fact, anywhere near the apex of the hot dog arts. (The Chicago Red Hot deserves that honor). Anthony Bourdain, No Reservations
- Small place, but the best hot dogs!!! You must visit here!
- Great dogs!!!!
- Still awesome food after all these years!! Been eating there since I was fifteen!!
- It's a small shack with big flavors, including the "suicide sodas"a mixture of all the fountain drinks.
- The mother-in-law is a South Side gem.
- Check out Fat Johnnies Famous Red Hots as seen on No Reservations
- Featured on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. Get the Mighty Dog. It's a hot dog with a tamale, chili, and cheese all on the same bun. Get all the fixings on it as well
- Best hot dog ever! Most expensive thing on the menu is $3.50 are you kidding me?!?! I would pay double for how good everything is
- The cheese dogs are the greatest.
- Order the super fat!
- There is a god, his name is Fat Johnny! Love the Mighty Dog - tamale, hot dog, chili, cheese, cucumber, onion, tomato, celery salt on a bun! Heaven!
- Best hot dogs in chicago without a doubt.
- Get the Red Hot with everything on it - delicious and cheap!!
- Chilli & Cheese All Day!
- Could very likely be the best Chicago dog Ive ever had. Doesnt feel like the safest neighborhood. Cash only.
- Polish dogs are great
- Que locura hot dog de tamal, suena raro pero esta buensimo