The Fairmont Empress Hotel
Hotel, Meeting Room
721 Government St (btwn Humboldt St & Belleville St)
Victoria, BC V8W 1W5
- Go to the basement for archival footage of Victoria from the early 1900's.
- Seagulls tap on windows for treats
- Drink the mandarinhatten @ the bengal lounge @fairmontempress
- The Bengal Lounge is tops and they treat you like royalty
- Tired of those hotels with their first class amenities like air conditioning? No worries! The Empress is ghetto fab, with no heat or AC! Want air? You can open your window up to two inches! LUXURY!
- GOOD TIMES. GOOD COMPANY. GOOD FOOD.
- Beautifully decorated rooms with old world charm let you wake up to breathtaking harbour views, right in the heart of beautiful DT Victoria!
- Not really worth the cost although the spa is a nice respite from the rain
- Check out the brand new Ivy Ball Room downstairs.
- The Willow Stream Spa is recognized as one of the best in Canada, so you will definitely be pampered to bits here.
- They offer historic tours of the Empress every so often. Check their website for dates and times.
- Gorgeous place to stay while attending #SMCV11. Spectacular views of the inner harbour. Be sure to ask for SMC rate ($129 / night).
- The closest 'go-to' geocaches are in the Sunken Garden outside the museum and the gardens of St. Ann's Academy. There are about 20 geocaches of varying types within a 1km radius of the Empress!
- The very best PANCAKES you can get in the city of Victoria... Ask them to chill a glass of milk in the freezer to make it pancake perfection..
- did you know the hotel has 2 rooms with round beds? ask for them
- signature curry in The Bengal Lounge and master mixologists
- If your not getting a suite stay in another hotel... Service is amazing here but if your only getting a room, the hilton might be a better choice. suites are kings ransom, but you do live like a king.
- Great high tea!Scones are my favourite,and the macaroons are from France..The curry chicken sandwich is yummy!
- Say Hi to Niyazi in the Bengal Lounge! He's a sweetheart and will welcome you with open arms!
- It's dog friendly. They provide a bed and food bowls for your dog.