Explore the Botanical Gardens at the Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua
The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua offers guests free weekly tours of their organic gardens featuring a wide variety of herbs, spices, fruits, and vegetables.
Each Monday at 10:30 am, Executive Chef John Zaner leads the interactive tour through the herb and larger vegetable and fruit gardens. The herb garden features an abundance of basil and thyme varieties as well as diverse mint plants including ginger, orange, chocolate, and pineapple grown overlooking the Pacific Ocean and the island of Molokai.
Photo Credit: Shaena Engle
The larger garden houses an extensive selection of fruits and vegetables including multiple types of lettuces, tomatoes, and peppers grown in soil produced from the Ritz Carlton, Kapalua’s sustainable compost.
“It has been my dream to create an organic garden at the resort,” said Zaner. “We utilize the fresh herbs, vegetables, and fruit daily in dishes throughout our many on site restaurants.”
In addition to viewing the gardens, Chef Zaner includes cooking tips and suggestions throughout the tours.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas