- 1 cup Enchilada Sauce, about 1 can
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups Queso Fresco, crumbled (10 ounces)
- Oil, for frying
For the Toppings:
- Chopped Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Warm the enchilada sauce in a small saucepan over low heat.
- In a small frying pan, add oil to coat bottom of pan and warm over high heat until hot and shimmering, about 2-3 minutes.
- Using tongs, dip 1 tortilla in oil for 5 seconds, flip tortilla over and heat for another 5 seconds.
- Remove from oil and drain well on paper towels. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- One by one, dip tortillas in enchilada sauce, insuring that both sides are coated.
- Place about 1/4 cup of cheese in center of tortilla and roll up like a taquito. If desired, place on a heat-proof plate and keep warm in oven at 250°F while filling and rolling remaining enchiladas.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings.