- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 3/4 pounds Potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 medium Onion, quartered and sliced thin
- 5 ounces Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper
- Pour the oil in a 12-inch, oven-proof skillet.
- Arrange an even layer of potatoes to cover the bottom of the pan, slightly overlapping the slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a layer of onions and cheese. Repeat with 2 more layers ending with potatoes. Top with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with a lid or foil and cook on the stovetop over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler, then broil until the top is browned.