- 16 ounces Ground Pork Breakfast Sausage, or chorizo
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper, chopped
- 24 Corn Tortillas, see note
- 7 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk, or cream
- 2 cups Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
- 1 10-ounce can Enchilada Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Black Olives
- Chopped Green Onions
- Cook and crumble the sausage or chorizo in a skillet until brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain any excess grease.
- Drain all but about a tablespoon from the skillet and add the chopped onions and peppers.
- Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are soft. Stir the sausage back in.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 X 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of the pan with 6 tortillas.
- Scatter 1/3 of the sausage and vegetable mixture over the tortillas.
- Spoon enchilada sauce over the sausage. Cover with 1/2 cup shredded cheese and then top the cheese with 6 more tortillas.
- Add another layer of sausage, enchilada sauce, then cheese.
- Repeat one more time ending with tortillas. Spoon any remaining enchilada sauce over the top.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs + milk or cream.
- Pour the mixture over the entire casserole. Then add the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before slicing and topping each serving with the sour cream, green onions, and black olives.
- Flour tortillas also work! They are thicker than corn tortillas though so the egg mixture doesn’t bake in quite as well.