Caramel Cookie Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 11-ounce package Caramel Squares
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Flaked Sea Salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy — about 5 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Pour the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well-combined. Add in the chocolate chips and fold until just incorporated. Take the bowl and place into the refrigerator until needed.
- Add the caramel and heavy cream into a small saucepan and heat on medium. Stir until the caramel is at least mostly melted. Remove from the heat and stir until the caramel is fully melted.
- Take out the dough. Press down about 2/3 of the cookie dough into the baking pan into an even layer. Pour the caramel over the cookie dough. Sprinkle the salt if desired.
- Take chunks of the remaining cookie dough and flatten. Place randomly over the caramel.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the cookie dough is a light golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely. I find it is best to also chill the baking pan in the refrigerator before cutting.
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
Breville Hand Mixer
Le Creuset Revolution Spatula
Le Creuset 3-quart Stainless Steel Saucepan