The Best Double Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 16 ounces Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- In a small saucepan, melt together the chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, beat the eggs and both sugars together in a large bowl until light in color, about 5 minutes. Beat in the salt.
- Carefully fold in the melted chocolate mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and gently fold in too.
- Stir in the milk chocolate chips. Pour into a shallow baking dish and freeze for an hour or until firm.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Allow the dough to stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before scooping the cookies with a cookie scoop. Depending on what size cookies you want, scoop 2-3 tablespoon-sized balls onto the baking sheets, set about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on the size - check often) or until the edges are looking dry and the tops are crackled. The cookies will still be very soft when finished baking!
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes or until they are firm enough to be transferred to a wire rack.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Cuisinart Stand Mixer
Le Creuset 3-quart Stainless Steel Saucepan
Silpat Perfect Cookie Mat
360 Bakeware Jelly Roll Pan