The Elephant Room
Jazz Club, Lounge, Bar
315 Congress Ave (at 3rd St.)
Austin, TX 78701
- This place has friendly waitresses and personable bartenders;treat them right and your frothy beverage is waiting for you when you sit down
- There's no better way to end a night on the town than by going down to this low-ceilinged, atmospheric basement club to enjoy live jazz and a drink or three.
- By far the best place for jazz in Austin.
- Hideout from the SXSW noise. Jazz in the evenings. Great place to slow-sip a drink and have a real conversation.
- Youve got to get sushi at Kyoto upstairs before the jazz begins below. Their happy hour, one of the best deals in town, is from 6:00 6:45pm. Robert F.
- Try the Manhattan, Makers, Up. Delicious.
- Get there early to snag a table. One of the best spots in ATX
- The coffee is horrid, but the music is great!
- Jef is the best bartender! Great atmosphere and even better music!
- I had the worst michelada ever...restrooms are GROSS and no soap. $5 on Fri nights.
- The restrooms are GROSS and smell like shit.
- This is THE hangout for jazz in Austin. Downtown in a dark, dingy basement on Congress. The best talent usually shows on the weekends. Check the website to see who is playing each night.
- Great, comfortable vibe here. Cool doorman, friendly staff. The music was terrific. No reservations, so get there early for a good table.
- Go see Beto and the Fairlanes, dance and have a good time!
- Best jazz in the city. And go see Albanie Falletta!
- Jeff = best bartender in town.
- Best jazz place in Austin. Have an Ace Cider while you're here.
- LOL! Who says this isn't a great live lounge venue.?
- Find out what's going on here during SXSW at do512.com! This bar is in a great downtown basement and is always buzzin'
- Very reasonable priced drinks. No cover each time I came here (Mon & Tues)