- Order creations like the pineapple pork loin tacos at El Centro, a colorful joint that brings some much-needed authentic Mexican to a city sick of bland burritos, looking for a cure.
- Some favorites from our review: the carne asada taco, the shrimp ceviche, and the chimichanga with chicken. El Centro is pricey for a student on a budget, but dishes out authentic Mexican cuisine.
- Best guacamole!! Best fish tacos! I love this place!!
- With a menu as vibrant as its interior, it's no wonder El Centro was named Best of Boston by Boston Magazine in 2012. Dine on camarones papanila while surrounded by Mexican street art.
- one of the best mexican places
- Tacos!!! Tacos!!! Tacos!!!
- Save me a piece of that corn !
- Want a tip? Place sucks. Given it numerous chances thinking I hit it on an off night but time and time again it produces the equivalent of dog food adorned with salsa and queso sauce.
- After a string of Mexican eateries opened last spring, the South End welcomed what is perhaps the most authentic: El Centro from Sonoran-born owner Allan Rodriguez.
- We love this place for Sunday-after church coffee and churros
- The most impressive item is the simplest: flour tortillas, made in-house using the owner's fathers recipe. Also try Shrimp al chipotle, flour tortillas, carne asada al carbon.
- Tiny little spot thats on the pricier side. But the atmosphere is great. Highly recommend the pollo mole. Get flour tortillas, too, no matter what else you get.
- Authentic Mexican food
- Really really great hot sauce upon request. In the summer, theres a little patio, perfect for enjoying tacos. Havent had a bad thing here.
- The caramelos and campechanos tacos were both great, though I found the fish taco to be a bit bland. The guacamole was fine, but could have used more citrus. I would go back for sure.
- Some of the best Mexican in town. Chicken Chipotle and shrimp Chipotle are favorites
- Amazing enchiladas!!!!! Margaritas are so good too!!! Very impressed
- The food is fresh and great! The staff is wonderful. You must stop by.
- Taco Tuesday !! Amazing tacos for $2.5 each ! Also strawberry margarita was amazing