- 6 Cups tomato juice
- 2 Cups chopped white onion
- 1 chopped shallot
- 2 chopped cucumbers
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 3 large, ripe tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 fresh scallions, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 2 whole garlic cloves, chopped
- Large pinch dried tarragon
- Small pinch dried thyme
- Large pinch dried basil
- Fistful chopped fresh parsley
- Big pinch sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make a pretty garnishing salad using part of any of the above ingredients, set aside.
Blend the rest.
Chill everything for a few hours, let the flavors marry.
Serve with a goodly portion of the salad so the soup has texture.
Also, serve with a bottle of tabasco on the side for any guests who like a bit of heat.