Stepping into Drinking Fountain is like taking a step back in time. The regulars are locals, rather than college kids. The drinks are a lot stronger than anything you've ever had. It is also one of Esquire Magazine's best dive bars. Everyone talks to everyone, and bartenders are probably over-generous, but it is always a good time.
The Drinking Fountain
3520 Washington St (btwn Rossmore & Williams)
Boston, MA 02130
- You can bring in food from Burritos Pizzaria! No problemo.
- Try the Jameson on the rocks
- The neighborhood vibe
- One of the few authentic dives left in Boston.
- Be sure to order an awesome burger at The Hidden Pearl when drinking here!
- Check out Drinking Fountain as seen on Best Bars in America
- Get there early to play pool, before the regulars take over. The X-Rated martini is highly recommended.
- If you hate getting hit on when you go out, Drinking Fountain is the spot for you. Order the X-rated Martini if youre looking to get crazy; its exactly what it sounds like.
- naked lady hunt, keno, & scratch tickets! oh. and booze!