If you can look past the difficult parking, you will no doubt have a fun night at The Drawing Room. Dartboards, a jukebox, and full glasses of whiskey.
The Drawing Room
Dive Bar, Karaoke, Bar
1800 Hillhurst Ave (at Melbourne Ave)
Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Unlike half of L.A., it doesnt matter what you look like at this bar. Maybe thats why the drinks are so cheap, yet so strong. Go to? Whiskey soda, although, not sure how much soda youll taste.
- Dont go in the ladies bathroom
- One of L.A.'s quintessential dive bars (several are in this vicinity), the Drawing Room is a great place to get a night started...or draw it to a close.
- Just blocks south of here David Wark Griffith filmed The Birth of a Nation. It was premiered in Los Angeles on February 8, 1915 and is one of the most successful and controversial movies of its time.
- Sunday night karaoke. Probably the best in the city. The people are awesome. All great and unique in their own way. And not the typical music selection. These people have good taste.
- Heavy handed drinks. Watch you're ass cheeks. . . Cuz Nick the bartender will take you there
- Talk to Eric G. about sports and pottery.
- Try not to use the restrooms here, They F-ing SMELL...
- great for east coasters missing home: dark, $5 drinks, a bartender who knows your name, amazing juke box, strong mixer-for-color-only drinks
- Diviest dive I've been to in a while. Not bad. Not bad at all. You'll probably meet some interesting characters.
- Cash only. Come prepared.
- Rock the jukebox
- This bar is cash only! No debit or credit cards excepted.
- Best place ever. Set up my office here.
- Mario makes the best drinks there. Ask for him.
- sing karaoke and drink a light beer
- Def a dive bar, but they've got stiff, reasonably priced drinks, good music, and it's air conditioned. Make sure to bring cash, though.
- Cash only dive bar. ATM in the back
- This bar has no windows
- Some of the cheapest drinks in the hood. Stellar Sunday night karaoke too