Music Venue, Rock Club
1572 N Milwaukee Ave (btwn Damen Ave & Honore St)
Chicago, IL 60622
- Phil Kosch is a golden God.
- Championship Vinyl employee Barry (Jack Black) finally gets his big musical break, in scenes for "High Fidelity" (2000) that were shot at the Double Door in Wicker Park.
- no more smoking passes! ask for a smoking bracelet!
- Live music fans congregate at the often standing-room only Double Door, which has hosted thousands of up-and-coming and established musicians, including the Rolling Stones and the Smashing Pumpkins.
- Smoking passes! They are great!
- Great sound system.... One of the best "small show" venues i have been to..
- You are currently on one of the trendiest streets in Chicago! If you have time, take a walk around the area. There are a bunch of cool shops!
- Go to a concert here!
- Classic Chicago venue, too bad the sound sucks.
- Every trip...all I can think about are TOP 5s...High Fidelity baby.
- Great bands + good acoustics = good times (acts like Art Brut and Bob Log III). But if you come here during the summer, bring a fan. They have AC, but they never seem to turn it on.
- We do love a hipster bar - especially one with a great live line-up!
- Smashing Pumpkins, VAST, Hole, Killing Hanah.... Need I say more? Coming up are Rocklahoma, DJ Quik, RAW and so much more! A staple in Chicago
- With the feel of a rehearsal room/basement, the club's sound system and layout are prime for music lovers.
- Get there early enough to snag a seat at the bar. Spin halfway to watch the band, spin halfway again to grab a drink. Repeat as needed.
- Blah Blah Blah rocked my fucking world!
- If your a shorty like me go upstairs!! Its a little far away from the stage but worth it to actually see everything if you always have tall people in front of you like me.
- Large venue featuring great music. Pluses are strong drinks and a great soundsystem.
- The bartenders actually thank you for tipping! Unlike some venues that act like you lowe them. Crazy!
- Love this place for hot music! Before your night out double back to @citysoles