Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
Performing Arts, Plaza, Opera House
135 N Grand Ave (at 1st St.)
Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Pre-order food and drinks to avoid long lines at intermission
- Come an hour before a show and enjoy the beautiful architecture!
- Placido Domingo is great as Simon bottanegra. 1 of versus more obscure operasy
- Did you know that Isaac Hayes won an Academy Award for his composition of the "Theme from Shaft" here in 1972? He became the 3rd African-American to win an Oscar.
- Come 1hr b4 the opera start time for the pre-performance lecture on the 2nd floor. 1st timers, come on time or the doors will close & you will have to view the opera on TV screens until intermission.
- Beautiful venue built in 1964; stepping inside is like going back in time. Home to the wonderful LA Opera. Get here EARLY due to parking & DTLA traffic, late-comers will get caught in the seating hold
- Gorgeous opera hall! Join the 30Club if youre under 30 yo for $30 tickets!
- Great piece of architecture to anchor the end of Grand Park.
- Beautiful. Great acoustics. Saw Mamma Mia here
- The loge is nice for opera!
- Ukulele Love
- LA Opera productions
- I finally get to see Rene Fleming performe live!! A Streetcar Name Desire Opera. #LAOStreetcar #IWantMagic
- Founders Circle Section has amazing views.
- Awesome theater
- Saw Train at a private event. Beautiful place!
- At the 53rd free Christmas Eve Holiday celebration
- This place is beautiful! Parking is a near on performance days so be sure to allow extra time to navigate the huge LA Music Center parking structure
- Amazing!!! Dark, Grimm style and Jean Paul Gautier designed the costumes!!!!!
- You're not going to be sorely disappointed by the courtyard dining situation but then, you're not going to be blown away either. No shame in hitting it up if you have to though.