- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 pound (4 cups) fresh cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 11/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup peeled, diced tart apple
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add ginger; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cranberries, sugar, vinegar, allspice, cloves, and cinnamon. Bring the pot to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until most of the berries have popped and liquid has thickened; roughly 10 to 15 minutes.
Add apple, raisins, salt, and pepper and let it simmer, uncovered until thickened; about 15 minutes. Transfer to bowl, let cool completely or refrigerate until chilled; can be served at room temperature or chilled.