Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Total Time: 25-35 minutes
2 cups dried pasta
1 cup milk
½ cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese, mozzarella or provolone. Any white mild flavored cheese will work.
1-2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 teaspoon nutmeg
Pepper to taste
1. Fill 2/3 of a large pot with water.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, add pasta and give one good stir.
4. Set timer and cook pasta for around 10 minutes. Tip: If you like your pasta a little softer, boil for 10-14 minutes.
5. While the pasta is cooking, begin making the Alfredo cheese sauce.
6. Melt the butter in a small pan.
7. Stir the flour into the melted butter.
Tip: Stir and pour the flour in the pot at the same time to keep it from clumping.
8. Add the milk to the flour, butter mixture and continue to stir.
9. Once the mixture starts to thicken, add the cheese.
Tip: If the sauce is really thick, stir in more milk.
10. Mix in the pepper and nutmeg.
Tip: Taste the sauce at this point to see if you need to add more seasonings.
11. Add the shredded chicken to the cheese sauce.
Tip: Leftover boiled chicken works perfectly for this recipe.
12. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it in the sink.
13. Mix chicken Alfredo sauce in with the pasta.
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here: