Dodge Physical Fitness Center - Columbia University
Gym, Athletics & Sports
2980 Broadway (Columbia University)
New York, NY 10027
- If your bold enough go to the gym in the morning. Its a lot less crowded than the day and night.
- This is the worst gym I have ever been to in my life. Not enough machines, no windows, you have to pay at least $35 for a locker. For the amount we have to pay to go here, the quality is absurd.
- Use different initials when signing up to get more than a half hour on cardio machines
- Don't come at 4 o'clock for the weight room, it gets really really crowded
- Lots of options here (basketball courts, pool, indoor track, squash courts) even if the facility is extremely basic. Could probably use a remodeling, but a good deal for the price.
- I gave up on signing up for cardio machines & just looked for an empty one. Downstairs is easier
- Vinyasa yoga with Anastasia is fantastic!
- It would be great if it was not so over populated and didn't smell so horrible. I'm not sure if it's the hygiene of the majority working out or if the place has horrible odors stuck to the walls
- you are better off paying for a gym membership to planet fitness than dealing with this dungeon of shame. the pool is its only redeeming quality
- if the soviet union built a gym... it would still be better than this
- Bom diia my amores
- Membership office lines can be long and slow at the beginning of each semester.
- Cardio machines: Always open downstairs
- Terrible gym. Not well maintained, and not enough for the number of people that use it.
- It is crowded. But there are just a few people during midterms :-)
- Watch out when crossing the track that you don't run into people running/jogging on the track.
- Avina G is a kick-ass yoga instructor!
- Sign up for the cardio machines in advance because those 30-min slots go fast.
- Kokikai Aikido in the wrestling room every Tues & Thurs night and Sat morning. First class is free to join in!
- no lockers or towels for you unless you have a membership - better bring 2 quarters and your own towel if you need those things.