Dockweiler State Beach
12501 Vista del Mar (at Imperial Hwy)
Playa del Rey, CA 90293
- A sandcastle without a central keep is technically a sand mansion.
- Super Ghetto
- Perfect for a bonfire!
- Enjoy the planes flying overhead!
- If you see the mayor, push him into ocean
- Get here early for a fire pit and you can also grill on this beach
- Planes, bonfire pits, ocean. What more could you want? I, for one, love the low flying planes.
- Leave before 10 to avoid $68 parking tickets
- I chose a spot in the end of LAX runway. Really noisy, but fun to watch planes fly so low, almost rubbing your tanning belly;)
- Great place for plane spotting, planes take off right overhead.
- Come early and come with a group. Not recommended for date nights. People will just bug you about joining in.
- Get there before noon to claim a fire pit on the weekends. Skip the pay lot, you can usually find street parking.
- Great spot near the airport to watch the sunset.
- Crowed and noisy because of the airport
- Near guard 49. (3rd parking lot) Not a lot of people in this area. More private.
- Awesome place to have a bonfire with friends :D
- Great beach. Parking is $10. Or try to find a parking spot on the street & walk down the big ass hill.
- This place is special because there are fire pits for bonfires, but you have to get there really early to claim one. If you're not there by 5pm, then cross your fingers that someone will share.
- Share s'mores over a bonfire.
- Right in the flight path from LAX. VERY noisy! Huge jets every 5-10 minutes. Public Restrooms and showers available, but they stink so bad!!