Summertime entertaining is the perfect opportunity to do something unique with your tablescape. After all, your backyard entertaining should be a causal, regular thing given the incredible summer weather. To give your backyard table a fun, funky and almost summer-camp-like vibe, try making a festive DIY tie-dye tablecloth or tie-dye napkins to really set a fun mood for your party. Here is how you can do it:
- 1 tie-dye starter kit (should include dyes and squirt bottles)
- 1 bucket warm water
- Rubber bands
- 1 White Sheet
- Take your sheet and thoroughly soak it in the bucket of warm water.
- Once it is saturated, squeeze excess water out of the sheet.
- Twist and twirl the sheet tightly, securing with rubber bands.
- Prepare your dye according to your starter kit directions
- Take your tied sheet and squirt the cloth with the dye, taking care to do this in a place where you don’t mind dye getting everywhere. Allow the sheet to soak in the dye by placing it in a zippered plastic bag for four to six hours.
- Once the dye has settled, dip the sheet into warm water and squeeze out the excess dye.
- Then, put it in the wash with hot water and allow it to complete one cycle. Make sure no other clothes are in the washer.
- Hang in your backyard and allow to air-dry thoroughly. It is also good to soak in vinegar to make it color safe.
Now your summer tablescape is perfectly complete with a fun design that works for a groovy party display.