The Distinguished Wakamba Cocktail Lounge
Bar, Lounge, Dive Bar
543 8th Ave (btw 37th & 38th Sts)
New York, NY 10018
- the first rule of wakamba is that you don't talk about wakamba
- The best worst bar of NYC!
- If you don't speak Spanish, you'll feel unwelcomed here
- Don't come here
- it's an adventure... kitschy and fun, yet dark and weird.
- Best dive bar in shouting distance of Penn Station. Drinks are cheap. Spanish is the primary language.
- Order a Presidente. Enjoy the atmosphere..
- Critics' Pick winner of The Village Voice Best of NYC 2012 Best Fascinating Sports Bar!
- One of our favorite dive/tiki bars in all five boroughs. Start at 8am with the old men or come later for great jukebox tunes, trashy barteders and a lot of dancing!
- High Latin population but staff is very friendly.
- it's very...distinguished.
- This place has a huge selection of alcohol but no bartender to handle it. Its way 2 divey. When you come in expect no signature drinks - pick well style.
- Divey awesomeness
- Bring your white friends here and watch the hilarity ensue. This bar is awesome for its cheap drinks and mellow atmosphere. Reminds me of being back in SoCal.
- I spent $10 on a margarita made from the mix you buy at the store, poured directly out of the plastic bottle and then wondered into which alternate universe I had stepped. Strip club? Uncertain.
- Beautiful dive
- Can't believe -yet I can- that they ran out of Presidente!
- It has been referred to as "a strip club without the stripping." Expect exactly that. This place could actually be a decent bar if anyone there cared or at least pretended to.
- Careful gentlemen Chicks charge $2 per dance.
- Ordering alcohol is a surprisingly difficult process